Friday, April 3, 2009

Referral!

Yesterday we got our referral call after waiting for exactly 3 months and 3 weeks. I'd been having a feeling it would come soon and was rather obsessive about it for the last few days. Everybody says the call comes when you least expect it. I thought that would be impossible. How are you never expecting it? But's it's true...At 5pm while I'm doing a Jilian (Biggest Loser) workout video I was only thinking of surviving the 27 minute workout torture I had subjected myself to. I was about 5 minutes in when the phone rang. I thought for sure it was brent. When I went to the phone and saw an (817)number I still didn't get it. Don't all referrals call from an unknown number? I decided to answer it anyway. It was Mary!! She asked me if this was a good time? was brent around? I couldn't believe it. As I'm talking to her I'm still completely out of breath from my workout. She then told us she had a referral and I started screaming on the phone.Then I called brent but he couldn't understand what I was saying b/c I was screaming. He just kept asking me if everything was ok. After this came a confusing few minutes as Brent and I tried to coordinate getting together to receive the referral info. He was supposed to go straight to band practice at 6 and 5pm traffic would be too bad for him to come home. So, I decided to go to his office. Of course Miley came as well (when I put her in her kennel to leave she started whining and barking, which she never does, so I let her go. It's her family too). Anyway, I raced to brent's office, we put Mary on speaker phone and learned all about our beautiful almost 19 month old boy!! I can't post pictures or any info. until after our court date. We're still in complete shock as this was a pretty quick referral time. We are praising God for this child and are once again in awe of His providence and goodness.
So, what now? Our court paperwork will be gathered and we will receive a court date in 1-3 months time. Hopefully we'll make it before the rainy season. We are so excited and humbled that God would give us the privilege of raising this amazing boy.
Praise His Name!

16 comments:

Chris and Dawn said...

Woo hoo, that is so amazing!!! You must be unbelievably excited! Congratulations! I can't remember, have you guys decided on a name? Praying for a speedy court date!

More Dorrs said...

Congrats!! Hoping for a speedy court date!

-Beka

Journey to Jaden said...

I have chills and am sooo excited for you all! What a great post..I have chills. I am praying you get him home soon.

Lisa and Peter said...

What a wonderful surprise! CONGRATS!!!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Congratulations!!! Isn't it funny how your wait and wait for "the call" and then it surprises you when it comes? Love your blog. Hope you hear about your court date SOON.

coffeemom said...

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh happy day!!!! Our referral last year for our toddler Tariku was quick too...sometimes it's just lucky. If your sweet boy was in care in May (a while ago, to be sure) I might have pics. If not, I am happy to take pics when we are allowed to travel (still waiting on that definite time frame....). Congratulations!!! Enjoy this rush, it's like no other!!! Whooohooo!!! Toddler boys? They are toooo much fun! the best! M

Cassandra Britt said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Best wishes for a speedy court date!
Cassandra

Cassandra Britt said...

Congrats! Hoping you get a speedy court date!
Cassandra

Renee said...

Congratulations! We adopted siblings in 2007 from Ethiopia and our son was 19 months at the time. I have to tell you it's such a wonderful age, he still had enough baby in him to let me love all over him but at the same time was walking and loved to play. We received our referral for our son Brady back in January- he's 7 months old, our court date is May 20th. Wishing you a speedy successful court date!
Renee

Emily said...

Congrats on your baby boy!!! What an amazing feeling that call is!

Elisabeth said...

congratulations!! I am so happy for you!!

ellen

emily said...

Congrats!! So exciting.

I might have a pic of your little guy from some pics I received from a family that traveled recently- you can email me if you want to see.

alexander @ integrity . com

Sara said...

Congrats to you!!!

Sparkz said...

Congrats. Exciting!

Anonymous said...

Bevan I am so so so happy for your family! Much love to you.

Nikki said...

Congratulations on your referral! Isn't it wonderful to have a photo to look at? Praying for a smooth process to your court date and quick travels! Blessings to you-