One Month Old: You were a very laid back baby and spent most of the first month of your life sleeping on Mommy or Daddy's chest in the recliner. Daddy took 5 weeks off to be with you. At night you would sleep in our bed or in your bassinet. You would wake up a couple of times to eat but would go right back to sleep. You rarely cried and you loved your passy!
2 months old: You began smiling around 6 weeks. You began to go to sleep for the night around 7-8pm at about 8 weeks old but would still wake up to eat a couple of times in the night. We began swaddling you nice and tight and tried to put you on somewhat of an Eat, Play, Sleep Schedule. You also began waking from your naps at exactly 45 minutes on the dot. Sometimes I could rock you back to sleep and sometimes you would just decide to stay. We called it the "intrudor" and would constantly run in as soon as you woke up to try to soothe you. You still slept with mommy and daddy. At 10 weeks we took you on your first trip to Dallas.
3 months old: It was around this time you began having a love/hate relationship with your pacifier. We would often have to pop it back in 5 times at bedtime until you went to sleep. One night I was replacing it every hour all night long. I called the doctor for suggestions and they told us to go cold turkey without it. So, we took the passy away, stopped swaddling and moved you into your own room. You cried A LOT, I cried A LOT. It was not fun. I thought we'd never get through it. But you were still very happy when awake.
4 months old, the first time you started sleeping through the night! You began sleeping through the night the day after you turned 4 months old. One night you started crying around 4am and I went to use the restroom real quick. By the time I got to your room you had stopped crying. The next night you began fussing at 4am and I just went in and patted you and you fell right back to sleep. After that you slept through the night;about 12 hours. Unlike your big brother, you like to sleep late and when I go to wake you up in the morning you cover your eyes with one hand and suck your thumb with the other. It is SO cute! You also love to sleep on your back with your hands behind your head just like Daddy.


No comments:
Post a Comment