


We are so thrilled he is officially our son and can't wait to hold him. We are once again praising God for the way He has worked in this adoption.If anyone has ANY travel suggestions/packing tips especially for toddlers please let me know. Did you take the malaria meds? Also, if you would like us to take pictures for you please email me at bevanryan@gmail.com.


17 comments:
What a cutie! Congratulations!
Congratulations!, He is a beautiful, handsome boy!
Cindy
He is beautiful! And I love it that this has all happened so fast. God is cool like that!
I know you are so anxious to hold your son. We are incredibly excited for you.
Congratulations!
Oh! He's absolutely precious! Soon, you will be able to shower those round cheeks with kisses!
Lisa
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting. We have almost been home a year now from Ethiopia. I hope you love your time in Ethiopia.
And yes, I did get a shot for Malaria. I'm a paranoid person though. :) I was told that Addis is so high up, the likelihood of getting it is slim, but I'm a "better safe than sorry" person.
Lots of people don't get it.
Have fun!!!
He is so precious!!
We didn't take malaria meds as they aren't necessary unless you plan to leave Addis. I would take little toys from the dollar store and snacks! :)
Ahhhh! He is totally handsome...I want to tug at his cheecks! Such a blessing for you both!
I just want to love on him....he is SO cute and he has beautiful skin. Congratulations!
Whoeeee!!! Congratulations!!!!! We didn't travel with a toddler, so I can't offer you any advise there. We brough Pickles home when she was 8 months old and had no problem whatsoever with her on the flight. The flight home is pretty brutal.....pack plenty of clean clothes and diapers.
We started to take the Malaria pills, but abandoned them mid-trip...didn't see the need for them since the elevation in Addis is so high. I wouldn't take them again when we travel again this year....just my 2 cents!
Oh...don't leave home without Gold fish when you have a toddler! Kids love them!
Congratulations!!! Oh my gosh he's gorgeous!!
We also skipped the malaria meds since we were in Addis the whole time.
Congrats...he's beautiful!
We did not take malaria meds and I don't think I ever saw a single mosquito. We used Lion of Judah Travel, who I would NOT recommend.
Huge congrats to you!!!
No, we did not take malaria pills.
Also, for our first adoption, we were able to take the twins with us everywhere, now with the new regulations, we are not planning on bringing our daughter with us to the guest house until way later in the week, instead visiting her at the foster home. This was after several suggestions from others. Just a thought and happy packing!
How sweet is his little face? Congratulations!!
Congratulations! We returned in January with our son who was 15 months old at the time. Ditto on the no malaria meds. We did take several toddler finger food type snacks and they were great-especially on the plane. I highly recommend the Gerber Graduate yogurt puffs for the least messy snacking option. We also took bubbles and they helped during a couple of really tough times. We did take our son to the guest house with us from our initial meeting and I would do it again if we were to adopt again. I wrote a little post on my blog about our packing details, if you're interested. Heres the link http://aquiverfull-christy.blogspot.com/2009/02/few-last-travel-notes.html
Congratulations Bevan and Brent! We are so happy for you all. Ephrem is absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait for you to meet him and love on him. What a precious smile too! You all will be wonderful parents. Many thanks to God for this perfect blessing.
Parent travel advice -- Gerber Puffs are a great snack and fun for them to eat. Also, the dollar store has fun coloring books. Best of luck with the flight!
Bevan, he is adorable!! Oh my goodness - what a blessing!! Congratulations!
I'm behind the curve here, but OH BOY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is gorgeous and gonna be So much fun, you can see it in the pics! great great stuff! Toddlers are a ball, just terrific fun. Enjoy this, and can't wait to see him in your arms.
We didn't take the malaria meds. And for a toddler, and our Gabey, EVERYTHING is a toy...except for a real toy, you know? So don't go broke buying toys.
Post a Comment